The Pacefeeder ® is both an indoor stable and an outdoor slow hay feeder that allows horses and other equines to have access to their hay over an extended period of time, mimicking their natural grazing behaviour.
Traditional methods of giving a horse two-to-three feeds a day does not take into consideration the digestive system or the natural behaviour of the horse. Scientific studies have shown that feeding in this manner increases the risk of stomach ulcers and other veterinary problems like colic, as well as behavioural problems.
Benefits of using the Pacefeeder for Horses:
- Works WITH the horses natural digestive system and behaviours;
- Horses are less lightly to suffer from ‘ulcers’ & other gastric disorders;
- Reduce anxiety/stress levels in your horse;
- Reduce bad stall habits and behaviours;
- The natural position of the head and body when feeding leads to less physical problems;
- No ingestion of dirt, sand, & parasites from the ground.
Benefits of using the Pacefeeder for Owners:
- Reduces feed costs;
- Reduces waste from trampling and the soiling of hay;
- Saves you hours of labour on feeding times and cleanup;
- Contributes towards reducing vet bills;
- Gives you a more flexible schedule.